Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tilapia

Tilapia on the pan and on a serving plate with plenty of dill (and tomatoes).

I breaded my tilapia with Italian breadcrumbs, this time a mix of regular and panko, with lots of parmesan cheese thrown in. I used canola/olive oil (it comes that way) to fry it in, and added a little butter after I turned the fillets.

Usually I drench my fish in lemon juice at the end of cooking, even though it softens the breading. This time, because of the cheese in the flavouring and my plentiful dill, I didn't add any lemon because it tasted so good without it. I'm more apt to add lemon than not, though. Fish with lemon is heaven!


I love the bright colours! And I LOVE dill! I eat every bit of the dill on my plate. Same goes for parsley. (I've been known to eat other people's untouched parsley!)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this and other interesting recipes! I'm afraid my fish baking skills are lacking but I can't wait to try the tilapis! And the photographs are really good, that's what is missing in a lot of cookbookd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think photos are very important, and they should be good ones. I bought a camera with a wonderful closeup feature just so I could present great pictures with my posts.

    Tilapia is delicious and so easy to work with. It doesn't fall apart and can be cooked in many ways - broiled, roasted in the oven, boiled or poached, grilled, barbecued, baked - but my favorite (and quickest) way is to fry it on a pan, as above.
    Marga

    ReplyDelete

Followers