Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trenton Craft Guild Christmas Fair - Day 2

Mike's poutine
I played with it, separating the curds from the fries, to see the
shear amount of cheese curds Mike heaps on his 'regular' order
The best part of the day was the poutine I ate after the craft fair was over. Mike's portion of curds is about half the size of the package of curds I buy at the supermarket ($5.58) or gas station's store (same amount - $3.99).

I snapped before-and-after pics after pushing the fries to one side and the curds to the other just to assess the amount of cheese that comes with a regular order. I had already eaten about 10 fries and several smaller bits of cheese curd before I took the 'after' pic. This costs $6.25. If Mike's charges tax, I don't know about it, as it must be incorporated into the price.

Oh, and how about the Trenton Craft Fair?

I sold one bookmark at the craft sale. Today's total: $8. Together with yesterday's $36 (5 bookmarks), I made $44 in sales. I didn't sell a single pair of earrings, nor any necklaces, bracelets, or legwarmers. The two-day table cost me $75. Cost of my materials: $10-$12 dollars. Cost of labor: $0. Last year at this event I totaled around $175 in sales, with the cost of participation being the same $75.

All I had to sell then were bookmarks, legwarmers and scarves. No one bought any legwarmers or scarves las year, but a number of people bought bookmarks. One enthusiastic lady chose 9 or 10 bookmarks to give to her friends at work as little Christmas presents.

I don't think I have the personality for such fairs. The ebullient 20-somethings across the room from me did quite well. They also happened to know everybody who came by. That helps. I did really well last year at a sale where I knew everyone. That same sale is coming up next weekend. I'm hoping for good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers