Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oh dear, Pizza Supreme....

As I ate my slice of pizza (at my beloved Pizza Supreme), one of the staff was adding plastic utensils to the utensil cups at the condiments stand. He accidentally dropped a bunch of forks - maybe 15-20 of them - and started picking them up. I was in a booth nearby reading a magazine, with my glasses perched on my nose. He didn't see me watching him and no one else was facing his way.

I was wondering why he didn't immediately discard the dropped forks in the trash bin which was right in front of him. He took them, instead, around the corner into the back room, ALONG WITH THE UTENSIL CUP, returning a minute later with the cup jammed full of the dropped forks, and placed it back on the condiments stand.

Through all this, the owners were standing, each separately, two to three feet away from him! I made a note to never eat anything at Pizza Supreme which required the use of utensils. I only ever get a slice of their divine pizza which comes straight out of the oven and onto a paper plate. (Hmmm, I wonder if they've ever dropped a stack of paper plates...)

Plastic forks are cheap, especially when bought in bulk like they must do at Pizza Supreme. They landed on what is probably the dirtiest spot in the entire pizza parlour. EVERYONE goes to the condiments stand at least twice. That's where you get your napkins, sprinkle oregano, garlic powder, and/or red pepper flakes on your food, get a utensil!, throw your paper plates and napkins away, leave your tray. The floor is visibly dirtier there.

I'm so sorry such a thing has besmirched my appreciation (not to mention devotion) of Pizza Supreme.

Just a regular slice, please....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers