Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Birthday greetings

It's my birthday today and I am happy. It's never been the custom in my family to lavish each other with expensive gifts; on the contrary, we present each other with small tokens to commemorate the occasion and a cheesecake with candles to have as a platform for singing the birthday song in both languages.

But I must say, I do like to receive birthday cards!

Since facebook started reminding us when our friends' birthdays are, we've been able to instantly greet them with lovely sentiments, either a simple Happy Birthday! or a considered reply wishing the recipient a great day. I just love this!

After each greeting I get, I like to add my reply, and sometimes this evolves into a nice little conversation.

I so appreciate that my friends and acquaintances leave a few words. It's not hard to do, but not everyone does it. Those who do make me feel warm and fuzzy and loving and happy. It doesn't take much to make a person smile, and that's one of the nicest things you can do on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers