Saturday, October 9, 2010

Walmart

We're on the edge of our seats here in Trenton as we await the opening of the supermarket extension being brought to fruition at our local Walmart.

I really am looking forward to it. Walmart is closer to us than the Metro (formerly A&P) where we do the major portion of our food shopping. I shopped at the Walmart supermarket in Belleville, also a recent addition, a couple of days ago and enjoyed it. Lots of fresh local produce and good prices.

This afternoon I ran in for a quick purchase, which turned into 3 items as I picked up a thermal cup for the car, on sale, and a small towel for our powder room. The towel was also on sale, for $2. Shopping at our Walmart is always pleasant - wide aisles, nice people, speedy checkout, well-kept store - and today was no exception. In fact, the cashier came up to me and invited me to check out in her aisle, so I breezed right through.

Inspecting my receipt, I saw the towel had rung up as $3. So, I stepped into the returns aisle instead of going out the door to my car. There were four people ahead of me, adding time to my in-store experience, but I was determined to right the mistake, even if it was only for a measly dollar. After all, the only reason I picked up the towel was because it was marked down.

Once I got my dollar and 13 cents back, I was finally off and running again. A 30 second purchase turned into an 8 minute wait to have Walmart's data entry error fixed, immediately after. Ironic, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers