Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being a woman of a certain age.....

...... I cannot wear short shorts in the summer just to nip out to the store anymore
...... I cannot eat many of the foods I like but which my body does not (letting me know in a very unkind manner)
...... I can no longer go out in public without a bra
...... I can only burn the candle at one end
...... I walk differently despite efforts not to, and sometimes even find myself shuffling along or waddling from side to side
...... I need to have a pair of magnifying eyeglasses handy in every room in the house
...... I am more blunt than before (and enjoy it)
...... I want to be called "Mrs. Raudsepp" by telemarketers and young store clerks (who see my name on my credit card), not "Marga"
...... I accept seniors' discounts anywhere I qualify for them
...... I like to be treated like a lady or, at least, as one's elder (it's called respect) when I obviously am
...... I lament over young people who can't spell or use proper grammar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers