Friday, July 2, 2010

Driving around my countryside

The entrance to the Trenton Marina and Fraser Park.



Taking a stroll along the the edge of the water at the municipal parking lot beside the Trent River is a healthy and pleasant activity after eating lunch at the handy picnic table.


The foot of Dufferin Avenue, where folks like to bring their dogs to frolic in the beautiful calm waters of the Bay of Quinte.


Seagull gazing over the water (just like I do) at the municipal lot.

He sees a boat and is content...

..... so off he goes in search of other adventures.
Trent River views from the municipal parking lot

My own adventures led me to discover the oldest road in Ontario - very close to home! Who knew?!


I stopped to take pictures of these beautifuI creatures I saw on a horse ranch on County Road 3. 


Since I was traveling on Old Orchard Rd. these are taken from the back pasture.
Nearly home I was delighted to find a mother swan and her cygnets on a little pond - our local Swan Lake (so dubbed by me)!

Is that the daddy swan?

Pulling into my driveway, I saw a mourning dove in my garden.....


.....and a voluntary cosmos from last year's fallen seed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers