Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The wisdom of Oz

I ordered a chicken wrap at McDonald's in Wal-Mart and asked for a cup for water. The sweet counter-girl plopped the cup upside-down on my tray. I immediately went into Dr. Oz mode and thought of all the germs zeroing in on the rim of the cup which was touching the tray that had been wiped down by a dirty rag that had wiped a few dozen other trays before it was applied to mine.

I asked for another cup. The sweet young thing complied and swiftly, before I could explain my request, put the now germy-rimmed cup inside the new one, leaving me to sip from the contaminated rim!

So, I told her the reason I wanted another and she took the two cups on my tray away (and, for all I know, replaced them in the cup holder for the next customer) and gave me a third, which I took from her hands.

Silly picayune story? I would've thought so - in the past! But, thanks to Dr. Oz making us so germ and bacteria vigilant (remember the fake fingernails in the bread bins episode?), I now see the potential for germ infestation everywhere.

(Having a compromised immune system, I should be more aware of possible microscopic hazards anyway.)

For a related post, jump to:

Oh, dear, Pizza Supreme...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers